Working At Byron Bank
Byron Bank has 68 employees. We like to hire friendly, professional people who work well with others. We promote from within the bank if we have someone who is qualified. We do train tellers and processors when necessary.
Our benefit package is excellent and includes: Vacation; and sick days; health, dental and life insurance; 401K; flex plan; and a large fully equipped break room.
Whenever we have an opening we will place a position description on our site. However, feel free to mail, fax or e-mail your resume at any time to the following:
Mail: Byron Bank, Kristie Lynch, Human Resources/Marketing Officer, P.O. Box 901 Byron, IL 61010
**Please do not send sensitive information in emails**
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Byron Bank provides equal opportunity for all employees & applicants for employment & makes all employment decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy & gender identity), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, disability challenges, marital status, ancestry, status upon discharge from military service, order of protection status or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices & decisions, including recruitment & merit practices, appraisal systems, promotions & training, & career development programs.
The Underwriter reviews all loan documentation, loan parameters, compliance documents for investor quality, prevention of fraud and ensures credit quality is in place.
- Underwrite all secondary market residential mortgage loan files & first mortgage in-house loans & assuring that they meet all investor’s guidelines as well as compliance guideline for state & federal requirements. Authority to approve or deny loan files as presented on guidelines assuring investor quality loans.
- Underwrite & compile loans which are underwritten by other investors such as USDA-Rural or IHDA loans.
- Perform all final reviews of files prior to closing, assuring the integrity of closing package & final loan prospector submission.
- Available to officers & staff for underwriting questions.
- UW & Reserves funds for Affordable Second Mortgage (D.P.P. & D.P.A.)
- Complete audits as requested from Investors (FHLMC, PMI, USDA)
- Review PMI “78% Automatic Drops” monthly & prepare amortization schedule
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in underwriting
- High School Diploma required, College Diploma preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively, both verbally & in writing
- Solid time management skills & the ability to organize, prioritize, & perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Computer skills that would include: MortgageBot, Windows and Outlook
Job Type: Full-time position
pages: 1 2