Working At Byron Bank
Byron Bank has 68 employees ranging in age from 20 to 73. We like to hire friendly, professional people who work well with others. We promote from within the bank if we have someone who is qualified. We do train tellers and processors when necessary.
Our benefit package is excellent and includes: Vacation; and sick days; health, dental and life insurance; 401K; flex plan; and a large fully equipped break room.
Whenever we have an opening we will place a position description on our site. However, feel free to mail, fax or e-mail your resume at any time to the following:
Mail: Byron Bank, Kristie Lynch, Human Resources/Marketing Officer, P.O. Box 901 Byron, IL 61010
**Please do not send sensitive information in emails**
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Byron Bank provides equal opportunity for all employees & applicants for employment & makes all employment decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy & gender identity), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, disability challenges, marital status, ancestry, status upon discharge from military service, order of protection status or other non-merit based factors. These protections extend to all management practices & decisions, including recruitment & merit practices, appraisal systems, promotions & training, & career development programs.
The Underwriter reviews all loan documentation, loan parameters, compliance documents for investor quality, prevention of fraud and ensures credit quality is in place.
- Underwrite all secondary market residential mortgage loan files & first mortgage in-house loans & assuring that they meet all investor’s guidelines as well as compliance guideline for state & federal requirements. Authority to approve or deny loan files as presented on guidelines assuring investor quality loans.
- Assist officers & staff in keeping current on changes with current investors, compliance & programs as well as any new programs or investors.
- Underwrite & compile loans which are underwritten by other investors such as USDA-Rural or IHDA loans.
- Communicate with investors as needed – FHLMC, IHDA, PMI, USDA, FHLBC
- Assure integrity of information submitted to loan prospector & GUS
- Perform all final reviews of files prior to closing, assuring the integrity of closing package & final loan prospector submission.
- Available to officers & staff for underwriting questions.
- UW & Reserves funds for Affordable Second Mortgage (D.P.P. & D.P.A.)
- Complete audits as requested from Investors (FHLMC, PMI, USDA)
- Review PMI “78% Automatic Drops” monthly & prepare amortization schedule
- Assist in internal audits of notes for “Bank” loans
- Review 1-4 Family Appraisals
- Assist other staff members, when instructed, as back-up
- Communicate with title companies from time-to-time
- Assist when instructed in investigating other or additional program possibilities
- Communicate with appraisers
- Keep appraisals approval list & master files current
- Keep condo master files current & master list
- Communicate with PMI companies
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in underwriting
- High School Diploma required, College Diploma preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively, both verbally & in writing
- Solid time management skills & the ability to organize, prioritize, & perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Professional & effective interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm & passion for assignments & the ability to meet established timelines
- Computer skills that would include: MortgageBot, Windows and Outlook
Qualified applicants should email their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org