Why bank with a community bank?

In challenging times like these, consumers rely on tried and true institutions that have serviced their communities well.  Byron Bank has always followed sound, responsible business practices to keep your  money safe and secure. Our focus remains…doing what is best for our customers.

How much insurance coverage does the FDIC provide?

The standard deposit insurance amount is $250,000 per depositor, per insured bank, for each account ownership category. Bank customers who have multiple accounts will qualify for more insurance coverage if funds are deposited in different ownership categories. Stop in and visit with one of our Customer Service Representatives and they will calculate your current coverage.

How do I set-up Payroll or Social Security Direct Deposit?

Stop in and visit with one of our Customer Service Representatives. They will provide you with a completed Direct Deposit form to give to your employer or Social Security and help you through the process.

I am getting married. What do I need to do to change my name on my account?

Simply provide us with your new photo identification card or driver’s license with your name change, and we will do the rest!

Can I use my Debit Card and ATM Card overseas?

Yes, look for the ATM machines with the VISA or Plus logo on them. By the way, using your Debit card at an ATM gives you the best exchange rate for getting cash in foreign countries. Also, ask us about ordering foreign currency prior to your trip (fee charged).

Should I notify the bank if I am going on vacation or traveling for business?

Whether traveling within or outside the USA, notify the bank of your travel plans to prevent any uninterrupted service in the use of your Debit card and Credit card.

What if I lose my Debit card?

Call 1-800-383-8000 anytime 24 hours a day and tell the operator that your card was lost or stolen. They will block your card from further activity. Then, call Byron Bank 815-234-2561 during bank hours to cancel the lost card, and we will issue you a new one.

How do I obtain a Free Credit Report?

Go to www.annualcreditreport.com or call 1-877-322-8228.

I have 401K money to rollover. What should I do?

Whether you are retiring or leaving your current job, Byron Bank has a Passbook Rollover IRA account that you can deposit your 401K money into without tax consequences. We also offer additional investment products.

I’m concerned that if I die, my children will have to sell our family business.

There are many ways to keep this from happening if you plan ahead. Call our certified financial planner and set up a free appointment that can save you and your heirs thousands of dollars.

What’s the easiest way to transfer money from my savings to my checking?

By calling the Byron Bank SMARTLINE at 815-234-3043, using online or mobile banking.

How do I sign up for mobile banking?

If you do not have online banking, call 815-234-2561 for your electronic banking pin, then click on our online banking tab at byronbank.com and click on First Time Login.  Once you get logged in, you can enroll in mobile banking.  If you already have online banking, click on the preferences tab at the top right, scroll down to mobile banking and click enroll now.  Then follow the prompts.

Sign up for Online Banking and check balances and move money by a click of your mouse.