MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER NEEDED
The Mortgage Loan Officer will be responsible for developing new residential loan business, complying with secondary market underwriting guidelines, as well as, Byron Bank in-house lending guidelines, and servicing and maintaining loan portfolio. This position represents the bank in the local community through active participation in community affairs and participates in marketing and cross-selling of all Byron Bank products and services.
- Prospects new mortgage lending opportunities.
- Develops and maintains successful relationships with business referral sources, existing and prospective.
- Meets with customers as necessary during various stages of the loan process to collect application data, financial documentation, etc.
- Ensures exceptional customer service by overseeing loan process from origination to close and providing on-going communication to customers, realtors and title companies.
- Keeps current and knowledgeable of any changes to: Freddie Mac, USDA, VA, FHA and IHDA loan products and grants.
- Provides excellent customer service in the mortgage and consumer loan departments regarding: basic loan questions, interest rates, tax reporting, realtor inquiries, on-line applications and documentation needed.
- Makes solid credit decisions on consumer loans that follow Byron Bank policy.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in lending.
- High School Diploma required, College Diploma preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively, both verbally & in writing.
- Solid Time management skills & the ability to organize, prioritize, & perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Professional & effective interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm & passion for assignments & the ability to meet established timelines.
- Computer skills that would include the ability to understand: MortgageBot, LaserPro, Windows & Outlook.
- Full-Time Position; Excellent Benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer