The Underwriter reviews all loan documentation, loan parameters, compliance documents for investor quality, prevention of fraud and ensures credit quality is in place.
- Underwrite all secondary market residential mortgage loan files & first mortgage in-house loans & assuring that they meet all investor’s guidelines as well as compliance guideline for state & federal requirements. Authority to approve or deny loan files as presented on guidelines assuring investor quality loans.
- Underwrite & compile loans which are underwritten by other investors such as USDA-Rural or IHDA loans.
- Perform all final reviews of files prior to closing, assuring the integrity of closing package & final loan prospector submission.
- Available to officers & staff for underwriting questions.
- UW & Reserves funds for Affordable Second Mortgage (D.P.P. & D.P.A.)
- Complete audits as requested from Investors (FHLMC, PMI, USDA)
- Review PMI “78% Automatic Drops” monthly & prepare amortization schedule
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in underwriting
- High School Diploma required, College Diploma preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively, both verbally & in writing
- Solid time management skills & the ability to organize, prioritize, & perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Computer skills that would include: MortgageBot, Windows and Outlook
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please feel free to mail, fax or e-mail your resume at any time to the following:
Mail: Byron Bank, Kristie Lynch, Human Resources/Marketing Officer, P.O. Box 901 Byron, IL 61010
**Please do not send sensitive information in emails**
pages: 1 2